Monday, April 19, 2010

Cartoon addiction...

At present moment, watching cartoons has become very popular among people of all ages as an entertaining media which easily refreshes anyone’s mind. From cartoons we can learn many things, as well as it gives us pleasure. There is nothing wrong to watch cartoons, but there should be a time limit, like one to two hours daily to watch it. When we cross this limit and start watching cartoons for a long time in each day, it becomes an addiction—an addiction that affects our lives badly. Therefore, according to my point of view, at present, cartoon addiction is becoming a social issue.

I think one of the reasons to become addicted to cartoons is attraction. From my personal experience I am saying so. I have a cousin, who is nearly one year old and love watching cartoons. Obviously, he does not understand anything about cartoons, but he is attracted by the sound and various color of cartoons. Now what happened is he wanted to watch cartoons all the time –morning, evening and night. If we change the channel, he starts crying. Not only this, if we do not allow him to watch, he refuses to take lunch or dinner, even though he is hungry. Before being addicted with cartoons he used to be jolly and loved spending time with us, but now he prefers to watch cartoons! At this age he is behaving like this, who knows what will happen in future? Also, question may arise that how he became addicted, but the answer is we do not know because none of my uncle, aunt or grandmother watches cartoons. However, we watch television in front of him. Thus, we are assuming that while we are watching we change the channels, and maybe from there somehow cartoons caught his attention. At this moment, my uncle and aunt’s main goal is to drive him into correct path. I believe, it is the same image of many houses all over the world.

This is only one example, but I know many other kids who are addicted to cartoons like my cousin. For that reason, it is a social issue to me. To keep it in my mind, I would like to say that this is just the beginning of my experiences. Soon, I will come with my other experiences and my friends’ thoughts and opinions regarding this issue.

No comments:

Post a Comment